Investing.com — Stocks in focus in premarket trade on Tuesday, 10th December.
- Chewy (NYSE:) stock fell 2.4% after reporting a larger-than-expected loss per share of 20c, compared to expectations of 16c, in its quarterly report after the close on Monday.
- Stitch Fix (NASDAQ:) stock rose 11% after the company defied expectations of a loss in the three months to November in earnings released after the close on Monday. The online personal-styling service also announced the appointment of Bain & Co. digital guru Elizabeth Spaulding as president.
- AutoZone (NYSE:) stock rose 5.7% in response to better-than-expected same-store sales in the three months to November.
- Amazon.com (NASDAQ:) stock edged 0.4% lower on general concerns about the economy, as the market continued to digest the news of its formal complaint about the way it lost a big-ticket order to provide the Defense Department with cloud-computing services.
- Sanofi (PA:) (NASDAQ:) rose 4.5% after the company said it would drop expensive research into diabetes and cardiovascular drugs and squeeze some $2.2 billion a year in cost savings out of its supply chain.
- Altria (NYSE:) stock fell 0.3%, extending losses on concerns about the valuation of its stake in Juul. Fellow investor Tiger Global has reportedly written its valuation of Juul down to $19 billion, whereas Altria still has a valuation of $24 billion on its books.
Fusion Media or anyone involved with Fusion Media will not accept any liability for loss or damage as a result of reliance on the information including data, quotes, charts and buy/sell signals contained within this website. Please be fully informed regarding the risks and costs associated with trading the financial markets, it is one of the riskiest investment forms possible.